The EnOcean Alliance Certification Program is the tool for the EnOcean Alliance to secure the interoperability of EnOcean-based devices without major additional effort.
It also entitles your product to use the EnOcean Alliance Certified logo and lists your product in the Certified Product Database on the EnOcean Alliance website.
Certification levels 2 and 3:
Click here to download the application template.
- Certification level 2 is only a declaration when using a certified radio platform
- Using a Certified platform or certified against Air Interface cert. spec.
- Declaration only for correct use of the profiles (verification with Profile Checking tool or own test setup)
- Certification level 3 requires tests
- Radio Platform:
- Certify against Air Interface cert. spec.
- End product using a certified radio platform:
- Certify against Radio Performance Cert. spec.
- Communication Profile Cert. spec.
- Energy Harvesting Cert. spec.
- Radio Platform:
The corresponding phases of the EnOcean Alliance Certification Process follow the objective to support the product development process without additional extra efforts:
There are two ways to execute a certification process:
To get the highest defined certification level 3, the following steps have to be performed:
To apply, there is a template available.
- Select a certified radio platform for your product. A valid platform certification will be handed in, so no air interface certification is needed for developing a product based on a certified platform.
- Define what profiles the product will support (inbound and outbound) and what profiles you want to certify.
- Document the test plan with the appropriate test steps.
- If you are not using a certified radio platform for your product, perform Air interface Certification tests and document results. To document, there is a template.
- Perform Radio Performance certification tests and document results.
- Perform Communication Profile certification tests and document results. A tool is available to guide the tester and generate the documentation.
- If your device is energy-harvested, perform Energy Harvesting certification tests and document results.
- Fill out the submission template for the certification request, sign on behalf of the company and attach it to the test documentation files.
- Enter the product data in the product database on the EnOcean Alliance website and upload all test documentation. If you don’t want to publish the product data at the time of certification, skip this step and send the test documentation to the EnOcean Alliance Certification manager.
- The Certification manager will check your submission. If all documentation is complete, he issues a certificate for the product and marks the product certified in the database.
- You are now allowed to use the certified product logo on your product. Download the Brand Guidelines (PDF) and the EnOcean Alliance Technology Logo (zip).
If you have any questions on the EnOcean Alliance certification policy, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
To support a proper implementation of the system specifications the EnOcean Alliance developed a set of certification specifications following the OSI-layer model:
If your product does not meet the certification requirements it seems that it is not interoperable or does not meet the minimum performance requirements. To secure your business, check whether you can modify your product to meet the certification requirements.
Non-certified products are not allowed to use the certified product logo on the product and will not be found in the product database by searching interoperable devices.
No, regulatory testing can take place before, after or at the same time with EnOcean Alliance certification testing.