Why should I certify my product?
The EnOcean Alliance Certification Program is THE tool for the EnOcean Alliance to secure interoperability of EnOcean-based devices without major additional effort.
It also entitles your product to use the EnOcean Alliance Certified logo and lists your product in the Certified Product Database on the EnOcean Alliance website.
What Certification levels are defined?
Certification levels 2.0 and 3.0 are valid from Jan/1/2018:
- Certification level 2.0 (only for legacy end products which were on the market 2017):
- Using a Certified platform (certified against Air Interface cert. spec.)
- Declaration only for correct use of the profiles - click here to downlaod the template.
- Certification level 3.0
- Radio Platform: Certify against Air Interface cert. spec.
- End product using a certified radio platform: Certify against Radio Performance Cert. spec. and Communication Profile Cert. spec.
What steps have to be performed to get a certified product level 2.0?
What phases are in the certification process for level 3.0?
The corresponding phases of the EnOcean Alliance Certification Process follow the objective to support the product development process without additional extra efforts:
Who can start the certification process?
There are two ways to execute a certification process:
What steps have to be performed to get a certified product at level 3.0?
To get the highest defined certification level 3.0 the following steps have to be performed:
- Select a certified radio platform for your product. A valid certification of a platform will be handed, so no air interface certification is needed for developing a product based on a certified platform.
- Define what profiles the product will support (inbound and outbound) and what profiles you want to certify.
- Document the test plan with the appropriate test steps.
- Perform Radio Performance certification tests and document results.
- Perform Communication Profile certification tests and document results. A tool is available to guide the tester and generate the documentation.
- Enter the product data in the product database on the EnOcean Alliance web site and upload all test documentation.
- Submit the certification request by printing out a data base summary, sign on behalf of the company and send it to the EnOcean Alliance Certification manager.
- The Certification manager will check your submission. If all documentation is complete he issues a certification number for the product and marks the product certified in the data base.
- You are now allowed to use the certified product logo on your product. Download now the Brand Guidelines (PDF) and the EnOcean Alliance Technology Logo (zip).
If you have any questions on the EnOcean Alliance certification policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What functionality will be verified?
To support a proper implementation of the system specifications the EnOcean Alliance developed a set of certification specifications following the OSIC-layer model:
What if my product does not meet the certification requirements?
If your product does not meet the certification requirements it seems that it is not interoperable. To secure your business, check whether you can modify your product to meet the certification requirements.
Non certified products are not allowed to use the certified product logo on the product and will not be found in the product data base by searching interoperable devices.
Is regulatory testing (CE/RTTI/FCC) required prior EnOcean certification?
No, regulatory testing can take place before, after or at the same time with EnOcean Alliance certification testing.