Wireless Under Desk PIR Sensor – Pressac
Desk occupancy sensors detect and monitor the presence of people in real time
The way we use workspace is changing. As working patterns become more flexible, we’re spending less time at one desk and more time in meeting rooms, break-out areas and working remotely.
Our energy-efficient desk occupancy sensors are small, wireless boxes that simply stick to the underside of the desk or table, enabling you to:
- Know which desks are available at any one time and use space more efficiently
- Understand which spaces get the most use throughout the day, week, month and year
- Explore alternative ways of working and measure the impact of changes
• Stick to the underside of a desk or table
• Passive infrared (PIR) sensor detects presence within 0.5 meters
• Status updates can be configured between 10 minutes and 5 hours
• Batteries typically last 3-5 years, plus USS-powered variant
• Absence time out can be configured between 2 and 30 minutes
• Dimensions: 93 x 65 x 28 mm (approx)
How our desk occupancy sensors work
Our small, wireless occupancy sensors detect passive infrared radiation (PIR) emitted by people. When a person enters a sensor’s field of view, the sensor detects motion and tells you someone is present within that space.
The sensor continues to monitor the space and can send you regular occupancy updates. They can also be configured to allow for short breaks away from the desk.
Where possible we use low-latency, highly-durable channels and protocols, which means the infrastructure used to collect and forward data is easy to scale.
- We use EnOcean’s internationally approved wireless protocol, designed for reliable transmission in systems with numerous sensors
- The sensors communicate data using secure AES-128 bit encryption via the EnOcean wireless radio protocol
- Manufactured in the UK to meet the highest quality and environmental standards and global regulatory requirements
- Our products are tested internally and approved by third-party test bodies to ensure they are reliable, robust and compliant
Our sensor technology is platform agnostic, so data from our sensors can be integrated into any software or platform, connected directly to smart controllers or fed directly into building management systems.
- Our smart gateway converts sensor data into industry-standard MQTT format and makes it available locally or via the cloud
- Data is transmitted via a wired ethernet cable, or wirelessly via WiFi or LTE (4G)
- Ready-made connections with IBM Watson, Microsoft Azure, AWS IoT Core* and Google Cloud IoT platforms*
- Product No. PIRDESK.868.PERM.BAT
- Manufacturer Pressachttps://www.pressac.com/
- Category Occupancy Sensor, Wireless Sensors
- Frequency 868MHz (ASK): EU (and potentially others e.g. Non-EU Europe, China,…)
- TX-EEP A5-07-01
- Certification Certified 3.0